Midtown Manhattan is a popular shopping destination, offering a wide variety of shopping options ranging from luxury boutiques to chain stores and department stores. Here are some popular shopping options in Midtown Manhattan:
- Fifth Avenue: Fifth Avenue is home to some of the world’s most luxurious and high-end shops, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, and Cartier.
- Macy’s: Macy’s is a popular department store chain and the flagship store in Midtown Manhattan is one of the largest department stores in the world.
- H&M: H&M is a popular fast-fashion retailer that offers trendy clothing at affordable prices. There are several H&M locations in Midtown Manhattan.
- Uniqlo: Uniqlo is a Japanese retailer that specializes in basics, such as t-shirts, jeans, and outerwear. There are several Uniqlo locations in Midtown Manhattan.
- The Shops at Columbus Circle: The Shops at Columbus Circle is an upscale shopping center located at the base of the Time Warner Center, featuring a mix of luxury and mid-range retailers, including J.Crew, L’Occitane, and Sephora.
- Rockefeller Center: Rockefeller Center is a large shopping and dining complex located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, featuring a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions, including the NBC Studios.
These are just a few of the many shopping options available in Midtown Manhattan. Whether you’re looking for luxury goods, budget-friendly fashion, or anything in between, you’re sure to find it in Midtown Manhattan.
Where to Shop in Midtown Manhattan?
Shopping in New York can be overwhelming as there are tons of stores in this city. Times Square has some great stores like H&M, Uniqlo and Levis. Then there’s Herald Square and 34th Street, which is home to America’s biggest department store, Macy’s Department Store.
If what you want is luxury shopping, it is best to go to Fifth Avenue. This street is home to designer stores like Gucci, Tiffany’s, Coach and many more. Fifth Avenue is also home to the Apple Store.
Macy’s Herald Square
Macy’s Herald Square From 34th to 35th Street, between Broadway and Seventh Avenue, is the legendary Macy’s huge department store. The building has 11 floors, including a coffee shop, a McDonald’s, and a Starbucks. Macy’s in Herald Square is one of the most famous department stores in the world and certainly the largest.
Numerous brands such as Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, Burberry, and many more are spread across the seemingly endless sales area. Macy’s is stocked with jewelry, handbags, jeans, dresses, housewares, a large, well-stocked cosmetics department, and an entire floor full of shoes.
To avoid the huge crowd that visits the department stores on a daily basis, we recommend that you come early and on weekdays. Be sure to take the old-fashioned escalator to the 11th floor, which has been in operation since it opened in 1901. Macy’s in Herald Square is an icon you won’t want to miss.
Apple Store 5th Ave
The Apple Store on Fifth Avenue is the most popular in the city. You will not miss the store because the entrance to the store is this huge and beautiful glass cube. Plus, it’s right across from the Plaza Hotel and Central Park. When you walk into the store you are greeted by lots of greenery which gives the store a clean aesthetic. You are also greeted by an amazing spiral staircase that takes you to the shop floor.
The M&M’s store in Times Square is a real eye-catcher that you should visit. Since 2006, tourists have been coming here to fill their bags with M&M’s. It is a personal paradise for sweet tooth. In addition to chocolate, there are also many New York souvenirs, for example, an M & M’s-style Statue of Liberty. So head over there and choose from all the colors and different types of treats.
FAO Schwarz in New York
You’ll probably recognize the location of their old store in movies like “Big”, “Heart & Soul” and “Chopsticks”. The FAO Schwarz interior served as the inspiration for Duncan’s toy chest in the movie “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.” Aside from its movie features, this New York toy store moved its store to Rockefeller Center and is perfect for kids. It is also a hot spot during the holiday season.
Nordstrom Flagship Store NYC
Nordstrom’s Flagship Store in NYC opened in 2019 and is the first Nordstrom for women in the city. It was a great move because the area is already saturated with multiple department stores, but it also shows how successful Nordstrom is having. The Nordstrom men’s store is right across the street.
Shopping on Fifth Avenue in New York
As mentioned above, Fifth Avenue in New York is full of designer stores and is one of the best shopping destinations in New York. You have Bergdorf Goodmans, which has two separate stores, one across from the other.
Each store is aimed at women and men. Just down the block is Sak Fifth Avenue, which is another large luxury store. Tiffany’s is also another store on Fifth Avenue. Other stores on this famous street include Gucci, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Victoria’s Secret, and many more. As for sports, Niketown NYC and Adidas are also located here. Shopping on Fifth Avenue won’t take a day, so it’s best to plan ahead.